Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Myriad options, myriad voices and opinions

In the process of finding suitable ALF facilities for my mother, I called several facilities on the list the hospital gave me, as well as several I found online.  In the end, they all had about the same price structure.  I personally visited several facilities, and took my mother to visit about four of them: Inn on the Pond, Sunrise Bay, Emeritus and one other that I don't remember now.  Each one had its tour of the facility, and then a very lengthy discussion in the sales office of what the facility offered.  It was exhausting. 

This morning, one of the facilities we had contacted phoned my mother directly to inquire as to her decision, and invite her once again to come in and tour the facilities.  I wondered how they had gotten my mother's phone number to contact her directly, as I had been doing all that research.  It turned out that my mother had contacted them about a month earlier requesting information, and so they mailed her that information.  She did not tell them that she had already been placed.  So it is that signals and communications get mixed up, with too many cooks in the kitchen.  It just confuses matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment